• Chabad Lifeline, a non-sectarian organization that supports individuals and their families affected by addictions, needs volunteers and receptionists. 514-738-7700
• YMCAs of Québec Residence needs aides to help with educational activities for children 3-5 and to supervise infants 12-24 months. 514-932-5353 X 2005
• Tel-Aide needs volunteers to become active listeners. 514-935-1105 X 2
• Elizabeth House/High School needs volunteers to provide primary care for 18 months and younger, whose young mothers attend school. Mon., Wed., or Fri. 514-483-7200 X 4265
• Montreal Chamber Orchestra needs chauffeurs to drive soloists to concert halls downtown. Mondays & Tuesdays. 514-871-1224
• Face à Face needs bilingual front-line volunteers at its downtown center. 514-934-4546
• Boys & Girls Club of LaSalle needs volunteers to help teens with homework, projects, fundraisers.
• CLSC René-Cassin needs a music program animator for their drop-in centre. 514-484-7878 X 1351
• Maimonides seeks volunteers. 514-483-2121 X 2204
• Côte-des-Neiges Volunteer Centre needs female volunteers to accompany seniors by taxi to medical or dental appointments, grocery shopping, visit or phone. email@example.com 514-340-1072
• Nazareth House, shelter for men struggling with mental illness, homelessness and addictions, needs a hairdresser once every two months; volunteer pedicurist every two or three months. firstname.lastname@example.org 514-933-6916
• MAB-Mackay Rehabilitation Senior Day Centre needs volunteers to greet clients, serve tea and lunch. email@example.com 514-488-5552 X 1320
• e-KSS seeks funding development officer for projects in the Amazon rainforest. firstname.lastname@example.org 514-816-8170
• Premiers Pas Québec needs volunteers to visit overwhelmed families with preschool children. email@example.com 514-923-7747
• Château Ramezay Open House Mon. Sept. 15, 10am-2pm to recruit volunteer history guides. Learn about living history programs for children, weekend guiding and/or group tours for students and tourists. Training starts Thurs. Sept. 25 at 280 Notre-Dame E. Old Montreal, across from City Hall. 514-861-3708 X 225
• Re-Treads Choir seeks volunteer to provide administrative support. The choir has donated over $40,000 of their concert proceeds to West End charities. 514-630-9660
• CSSS Cavendish needs volunteers as medical escorts and visitors for its long-term senior care facilities and to assist with kids’ activities at the Benny Farm CLSC. 514-484-7878 X 3146
Interested in volunteering?
Join the NDG/Montreal West Volunteer Fair Friday, October 17, 10am to 2pm at the Mackay Rehabilitation Centre (Mackay site) at 3500 Decarie. Find out more about Bienvenue NDG, CSSS Cavendish, Extra Miles Visiting Program, Mackay Rehabilitation Centre, Mosaik Family Centre, NDG Food Depot, NDG Senior Citizens’ Council, Scouts Canada and Girl Guides, New Hope Senior Centre and Walkley Center. Info: 514-484-7878, X 3146.